Sometimes the most simple recipes are the tastiest. Plantain, ice cream and just a few other ingredients makes a perfect dessert.
- 2 ripe plantain (almost black)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- vanilla ice cream
- Peel and slice the plantain on an angle into 1/2 inch slices.
- Melt butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Once butter is melted add brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to the saucepan and mix.
- Once the brown sugar has dissolved and the mixture is slightly bubbling add the plantain to the saucepan.
- Cook until light brown and flip. Repeat for the other side to become golden brown. (Try to avoid making too crispy. I prefer the softer texture with the ice cream. The ripe plantain should not need much cooking time. Only a few minutes)
- Remove plantain from saucepan and top with vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Photography by Tiffanie Graham