Avocado toast. It seems like very instagrammer, food website, or even fashion website has a least one post or recipe for avocado toast. Topped with egg, sriracha, anything really. And honestly I can’t complain because I love avocado toast. I grew up eating avocado (known as pear in Jamaica) constantly. Most Jamaicans have a few slices of it topped with a dash of salt accompanying most dinners. It feels like in the last five years everyone has discovered how amazing avocado is and I’m loving seeing it everywhere.
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 slices of hard dough bread
- touch of olive oil
- salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce and pepper to taste
- Toast the hard dough bread and cut off the edges (this is totally optional)
- Add a touch of olive oil on the warm bread.
- Top the bread with the sliced avocado.
- Add a dash of salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce to taste.